Monday, December 5, 2011

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?

Looking for something a little different this year? This project would make a great centerpiece on your holiday table. The best part is you can fill the sleigh with whatever you like to enhance your entertainment plan. This is the sleigh from Kaiser Craft, made of a hard, pressed wood like material. It comes to you in five easy pieces to assemble. I do recommend using a little tacky glue on each piece as you snap it together. I primed the entire sleigh in acrylic white paint (craft paint), intending to do a white and silver sleigh at first. Changed my mind! The gold is Ranger's gold paint dabber. I used a paint brush to apply the gold, and it covered in one coat. Love the burnished look. The Christmas paper is also from Kaiser Craft, except for solid red card stock on the back. The grapevine wreath was purchased at Hobby Lobby. A little greenery from my stash, and baker's twine from the store. To get the shape right on the sides, I used a plain piece of printer paper and ran a finger along the edges to make an imprint. I then cut the paper out, double checking for the size and shape. I traced it in pencil onto the Kaiser paper, and cut it out. For adhering the paper to the sleigh, I used a matte medium gel which can be found in the art section of any hobby type store, but any good quality liquid adhesive will work. The trick is to make sure you have adhesive all the way to the edge of the paper. If you have not tried any of the Kaiser Craft pieces before, you are in for a treat. This material is super easy to work with, takes paint or ink very well, and the paper adheres beautifully. Cathy has a variety available in the store and online. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by! Linda

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Very cute! I love this!