Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring has SPRUNG!

Spring has sprung here at AllyScraps and we're so excited to have one of our very favorite guest designers on board for March. Linda Albrecht is back! Here she is...



"My name is Linda Albrecht and I live in Minnesota. I have 4 wonderful
children (that range in ages from 11 to 27) and one very supportive
husband. For the majority of my life I have been a lover of the creative
arts-- everything from needle work, to painting and paper arts have
fulfilled my need to express my heart and soul as an artist.

After having children I found another purpose to be creative, for it was
then that scrapbooking became the way that I chose to preserve memories
and organize life's many memento's in a beautiful form. My love of
scrapbooking and altered arts turned into a part time career 6 years ago
when I began working for several scrapbook manufacturers.

Currently I do design work for BasicGrey, Art Warehouse and Creative
Cafe, Tattered Angels, and Melissa Frances. My work has been printed in
magazines and idea books throughout my scrapbooking career and I have
taught classes for several events."

Hi Linda! so glad to have you back. So, I'm sure you're waiting to see the absolutely stunning project that Linda made to inspire us. I'll give you a hint... it's a FRAME, but I think it would make an awesome layout design too.






Wow, wow, wow! Linda used so many different lines of patterned paper, it's perfect. She used papers from Girls Paperie , Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride, WeRMemory Keepers Vintage Blue, and Imaginisce Lucy Bird. Her embellishments included flowers by Imaginisce, WeRMemory Keepers Robin stamp, Melissa Frances pink rhinestones and Cosmo Cricket buttons.

I asked Linda about those butterflies... they were made with an Accucut die cutting machine. But, you could use your Cricut or a punch or even handcut them. That butterfly garland is amazing, I NEED to make one of those!

Thanks Linda, you're the best. Can't wait to see what she'll come up with for next week, hope you'll stop by to see too!

~ Dana

3 comments:

Erika M. said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love Linda's work!!!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the garland!!! The frame is amazing as well. Thanks for the inspiration Linda! :)

Morag Cutts said...

Such cute projects! That garland is adorable (I need one of these)