Sunday, August 31, 2008

AUGUST Design Team Reveal

Wow, SUMMER has gone by way too fast... and with September upon us, we present the AUGUST Design Team reveal. For August we celebrated summer, and here is what we came up with.

Morag created this gorgeous layout of her daughter enjoying the summer sun. I love the way the bright colors of the QUICK QUOTES Good Times line of papers POPS off the black cardstock background, just a stunning look. I also really like how Morag used 2 different sets of thickers to make her title, these American Crafts hat box thickers and these gift box thickers too. That handmade strawberry just amazing, I'm thinking Morag needs to make me one of those, lovely job Morag!



Debbie chose to do a layout with beautiful nature pictures as her summer themed project. I just love how she was able to use so many interesting photos on her layout, but still highlight a true focal point photo with the big circle. A really awesome design. Debbie used the My Mind's Eye LUSH BLOOMS as the paper line here, love the scalloped paper and the die cuts too! The little added creatures are so cute, they are actually rubons from Maya Road added to colored paper, cut out and then adhered. Her title is made from brand new American Crafts glitter thickers in the LAX font. What a pretty layout Debbie, thanks for the inspiration.




Trish made the bright colors of the Chatterbox Eclectique line so FUN. Love all the hand cut flowers and butterflies, they are such a pretty addition to her layout. There are so many super design details in this layout, big scallops, fun brads, curly bling and the cool angle of her picture, what a fun perspective. Super job Trish, thanks so much for sharing!



I chose a summer picture of my DD and my brand new niece for my layout. Love the idea of a brand new day for a subject. The Chatterbox Happy Day papers and embellishments are some of my favorite EVER. The colors are perfect for any season and the 3D embellishments are full of glitter, so pretty. I used some hand stitching and some hand cut flowers to embellish my layout. For the flowers, I used the curvy part of my paper piercer to give the flowers dimension. Just curled the petals around it. The quote says, "a brand new day is full of wonder, hope and dreams of possibilities".



Hope you get some inspiration from our summer themed layouts. (Just FYI, Kary has been on vacation and will return for next month's reveal!) Thanks so much for taking a look.

~ Dana

1 comment:

Morag Cutts said...

WOW - those are really gorgeous girls! You've inspired me to scrap those summer photos!